Beautiful Dreamer

Sunday, June 17, 2012

No Quiet Time Till Fall?!

Source: slices-of-life.com

Life had to catch up some time now didn't it?  School is out for the summer and, well, it is 2:30 in the morning and  you get the idea.  After finishing Loitering with Intent and while impatiently waiting for our library to aquire, A Far Cry From Kensington,  I was able to finish Rosanna of the Amish by Joseph Yoder.  A beautiful story, which is now on it's way to the Dakotas where my mother awaits it patiently. Joesph Yoder was Rosanna's son and being raised in the Amish church, is very qualified to write a loving  biography not just on his mother but on the Amish culture.  I love simple living stories and books of faith and this was a great encouragement to me. I would find myself more eager to do dishes after reading- LOL  :)  I will certainly read it again and its companion, Rosannas Boys.

Source: slices-of-life.com

I am happy to announce the 2 books replacing the ones I have sadly finished-The Handmaid's Tale  by Margaret Atwood and Anne of Avonlea by Lucy Maud Montgomery- a favorite author of mine.  I can not wait to visit Prince Edward Island one day as I have always wanted to live there.  But, being closer to Ecuador than Canada I do not see the idea of moving so far north to be a feasible act.  Oh well.  A visit then!

3 comments:

  1. Rosanna of the Amish by Joseph Yoder sounds fascinating. I am interested in the Amish culture so haven't read a book about them yet. I haven't read any L.M. Montgomery but simply have to. I really don't tell that I have enough time to read all the books I would like to. As for The Handmaid's Tale, I read this a couple of years ago but was slightly disappointed by it. Looking forwards to hearing your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. L.M. Montgomery was an incredible woman and I whole-heartedly recommend her biographies and journals as well :) I am really enjoying The Handmaid's Tale so far but I'm only on chapter 5. You have me worried... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am determined to read her books soon, but with hundreds of unread books scattered around house I fear it may still be a while :oS Oh no, I don't want to worry you. I think it just wasn't what I was expecting.

    ReplyDelete